Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Adding more profiles /week

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Tandeming

Tandeming

PC Gamer for dayz

• Members
  • 14 posts
I know people abuse the Forza 4 tool but could I suggest adding it a bit higher, so for example 5 saves per tool instead of 3?
Posted Image

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
There should be no reasonable reason why the average person would need to do more than 3 in a week.

Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Errr... What?....

• Administrators
  • 40 posts
The limitation is due to people abusing the past "unlimited" system and selling unicorn cars and turning a large profit

CrackBaby

CrackBaby
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationN.Y.
I'd have to agree, some mods id say don't need a limit, but things like unicorn cars where people are just abusing it and using it to make profit off the hard work of others is wrong. And then to not even give the credit, that's just being a bad kid right there. Just my opinion though.

Tandeming

Tandeming

PC Gamer for dayz

• Members
  • 14 posts

View PostSonicRaT, on 30 April 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

There should be no reasonable reason why the average person would need to do more than 3 in a week.

View PostGauntlet, on 30 April 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

The limitation is due to people abusing the past "unlimited" system and selling unicorn cars and turning a large profit

I agree with you both, but I have 2 profiles which I modded and I modded my friends also. But since one of my 2 profiles is banned on Forza 4 I have to make another account but that is my fault for modifying it in the first place, but the upping profile per week is just a suggestion.
Posted Image

Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Errr... What?....

• Administrators
  • 40 posts

View PostTandeming, on 01 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I agree with you both, but I have 2 profiles which I modded and I modded my friends also. But since one of my 2 profiles is banned on Forza 4 I have to make another account but that is my fault for modifying it in the first place, but the upping profile per week is just a suggestion.

That is completely understandable, yet you must understand you are in the minority as even with the current limit it is easily possible to make 15-30$ a week profit. Many mod tools limit you to only one profile with the threat of permanent ban without warning if you do anymore. I believe this system is tough but fair at the same time allowing for versitility as well as limiting abuse.

For your specific case it is simple wait for 7 days to expire and you will be able to do your new profile. You were aware of the limitation when you offered to do your friends profiles.

CrackBaby

CrackBaby
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

View PostGauntlet, on 01 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

For your specific case it is simple wait for 7 days to expire and you will be able to do your new profile. You were aware of the limitation when you offered to do your friends profiles.

If your putting the unicorns on one of your own profiles who would you need them on the other too ? I get that one was banned but you should only need unicorns on one profile. I think the 3 limit is good, allows you to do mods for friends, most other tools don't let you do 2 or 1 so 3 sounds fair, worst situation it's only a 7 day waiting period.

700club

700club
  • Members
  • 5 posts
http://www.thetechga...rvice-free.html

lmfao

Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Errr... What?....

• Administrators
  • 40 posts

View Post700club, on 02 May 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Exactly the point -.-' there are about three others exactly like this i can list off the top of my head

700club

700club
  • Members
  • 5 posts
3 profile max would fix that problem. forget the weekly thing. your tool is better than Horizon when it comes to modding FM4, u guys should get the word out.... and drop the monthly to $5 too. Everybody would be willing to drop $5, maybe $10 to get there hands on Unicorn cars in FM4. Also your tool will not allow you to put the injected Unicorn cars into the club garage, that needs to be corrected.

regards

CrackBaby

CrackBaby
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

View Post700club, on 02 May 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

With that post I don't see the problem, he's atleast doing it free. Others are charging people to make profit, sadly even some people on here that I know of are :\ the 3 a week should stick I think, I know a few friends of mine that don't own a PC that I plan on giving unicorns to free since they can't get this tool with no PC. But people charging to give unicorns is just kinda ridiculous, there's people asking $20-$40 like really ?

View Post700club, on 02 May 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

...Also your tool will not allow you to put the injected Unicorn cars into the club garage, that needs to be corrected...

I don't think that's a problem, correct me of I'm wrong but putting unicorns into club garage will get you banned perminately from what i've herd.

700club

700club
  • Members
  • 5 posts
the problem is SAIO is loosing revenue, if they wanted everyone to do it for free the tool would be free. doesnt own a computer eh? rubbish, every modder has access to a PC. lol
about the club garage u heard incorrectly. modding ur credits, or level will get u banned, it may take 3 or 4 months but believe me T10 will catch u.

Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Errr... What?....

• Administrators
  • 40 posts

View Post700club, on 02 May 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

the problem is SAIO is loosing revenue, if they wanted everyone to do it for free the tool would be free. doesnt own a computer eh? rubbish, every modder has access to a PC. lol
about the club garage u heard incorrectly. modding ur credits, or level will get u banned, it may take 3 or 4 months but believe me T10 will catch u.

The problem is you cant accrue doing profiles for free as a pure loss of revenue. It is a similar argument to that of piracy, there is just a certain section of the public that will never pay for your service/product no matter how competitive your pricing scheme or any incentives you put forward to them. These people cannot be viewed as lost customers, as they would never had made the purchase in the first place. The main issue i have with this is when they attempt to hide or obscure the fact that they are using the tool, SAIO in order to give them out for free. As the loss of advertisement specifically for a small community, is a much larger issue then the "loss" of revenue.

As with advertising we can attempt to build a solid community here. Personally I am in no way advocating blatant advertising, simply stating that you are using SAIO would create an avenue for those who are interested to tangentially join the community.

TL;DR: Piracy or free software =/= loss of revenue. Larger issue is the loss of exposure.

Edit: as for the not being able to display them in your club garage I was unaware that this was even an issue thanks for bringing it up.

Edited by Gauntlet, 02 May 2012 - 06:24 PM.
Additional information added

CrackBaby

CrackBaby
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

...every modder has access to a PC. lol...

If you read, I never said they were modders, said they were friends which don't own, or have there own person PC. Also i'm a modder, been doing it for 5 years and haven't had an operational computer for about a year :/ there's other types of modding then just your Xbox. And more then just a PC or Mac can mod files for Xbox, just sayin ;)

...modding ur credits, or level will get u banned, it may take 3 or 4 months but believe me T10 will catch u.

1st month FM4 was out modded my save max CR over 5 times, gifted about 400 or so to friends who wanted CR and random people in races who said they were broke.

I do see gauntlets point though, I can only speak for myself but all my friends now know about your tool.

And I went and looked, modding Null Car to club = ban. And yes if you have unicorn cars in your club, and T10 checks and no one in the club has won a unicorn, you can sure bet the ban hammer will be coming down. Just saying :)

700club

700club
  • Members
  • 5 posts

View PostGauntlet, on 02 May 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

The problem is you cant accrue doing profiles for free as a pure loss of revenue. It is a similar argument to that of piracy, there is just a certain section of the public that will never pay for your service/product no matter how competitive your pricing scheme or any incentives you put forward to them. These people cannot be viewed as lost customers, as they would never had made the purchase in the first place. The main issue i have with this is when they attempt to hide or obscure the fact that they are using the tool, SAIO in order to give them out for free. As the loss of advertisement specifically for a small community, is a much larger issue then the "loss" of revenue.

As with advertising we can attempt to build a solid community here. Personally I am in no way advocating blatant advertising, simply stating that you are using SAIO would create an avenue for those who are interested to tangentially join the community.

TL;DR: Piracy or free software =/= loss of revenue. Larger issue is the loss of exposure.

Edit: as for the not being able to display them in your club garage I was unaware that this was even an issue thanks for bringing it up.

also consider adding the ability to inject the ferrari 250 gto instead of modding credits. the user can sell them in the game for 5M which would be much safer to the end user. the null car is just going to get people banned. u set a leaderboard time with it or add it to the club garage and your gone for good. with jtag and iso mods u can add all the cars and add them to the club gargae properly so sonic ought to be able to straighten out that problem.

regards

Tandeming

Tandeming

PC Gamer for dayz

• Members
  • 14 posts

View Post700club, on 03 May 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

also consider adding the ability to inject the ferrari 250 gto instead of modding credits. the user can sell them in the game for 5M which would be much safer to the end user. the null car is just going to get people banned. u set a leaderboard time with it or add it to the club garage and your gone for good. with jtag and iso mods u can add all the cars and add them to the club gargae properly so sonic ought to be able to straighten out that problem.

regards

Why add the 250 GTO if it's already in the game? You wont get banned for modding 10m credits, I've modded 100 million and have had that amount since Dec 2011. No reason why the Ferrari should be added because it's so cheap itself.
Posted Image

CrackBaby

CrackBaby
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

View PostTandeming, on 03 May 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Why add the 250 GTO if it's already in the game? You wont get banned for modding 10m credits, I've modded 100 million and have had that amount since Dec 2011. No reason why the Ferrari should be added because it's so cheap itself.

I guess the GTO's might be good for gifting to friends, really don't see any other reason for adding them.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
With the way unicorns are going right now, we might have to further restrict F4.

700club

700club
  • Members
  • 5 posts

View PostCrackBaby, on 02 May 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

If you read, I never said they were modders, said they were friends which don't own, or have there own person PC. Also i'm a modder, been doing it for 5 years and haven't had an operational computer for about a year :/ there's other types of modding then just your Xbox. And more then just a PC or Mac can mod files for Xbox, just sayin ;)

1st month FM4 was out modded my save max CR over 5 times, gifted about 400 or so to friends who wanted CR and random people in races who said they were broke.

I do see gauntlets point though, I can only speak for myself but all my friends now know about your tool.

And I went and looked, modding Null Car to club = ban. And yes if you have unicorn cars in your club, and T10 checks and no one in the club has won a unicorn, you can sure bet the ban hammer will be coming down. Just saying :)

if u dont have an operational computer, how did u get ur save to Kyle Hillier so he could add unicorn cars with SAIO? also u r a horizon diamond member r u not??

http://www.xboxmb.co...011241-113.html

KyleAustin

KyleAustin

Webdesigner/Modder

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

View Post700club, on 04 May 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

if u dont have an operational computer, how did u get ur save to Kyle Hillier so he could add unicorn cars with SAIO? also u r a horizon diamond member r u not??

http://www.xboxmb.co...011241-113.html
well now im busted again lol now im doing it for free to but i dont do it so much now lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users