Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Next Xbox Requires Internet, Blocks Used Games?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zousug

Zousug
  • Premium
  • 56 posts
"A new Edge report suggests that Microsoft’s next Xbox gaming console, code-named Durango, will require an internet connection to use. It also won’t be able to play used games, Edge says.

We have not been able to confirm the veracity of this new report, which claims that Durango will ship with a new Kinect and hold an AMD eight-core CPU that runs at 1.6GHz and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. Edge also says Durango discs will come with one-time-use activation codes that render them useless to anyone but the person who first uses them."

Well I sure hope not... if that is the case im going to be sticking it to MS and not buying a new xbox :(

this is all still rumor of course :P

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
It wouldn't surprise me at all. They sure are worried about piracy as o late.

Zousug

Zousug
  • Premium
  • 56 posts
Piracy and playing second hand games is two different things though lol..

making it so you can not trade in your old games for other games.. or just buying a game second hand (Or borrowing a friends game for a few days) is a stupid idea.

none of the above is even close to playing pirated games, i do not mind stopping pirated games being played its the 'you are not allowed to buy a second hand game any more as we wont let you play them' that i dont want them to do.. :(

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Haha, you have to think of it from a marketing standpoint. They can whine and complain about how bad pirating is and all the inconvenient measures they have to go through to prevent piracy so they can continue making 'good, quality games' (most of which suck).

The point is they can hide behind piracy as a means of increasing revenue by limiting market availability. If everyone has to buy new, it means more copies sold and ultimately that's all they really care about.

Zousug

Zousug
  • Premium
  • 56 posts
yeah I know that is the real reason behind it, it is just a pain :( lol

RandomEvilDoer

RandomEvilDoer

Resident Z31 enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 64 posts
Dont worry Zous, they will adopt this new policy but it won't be the end of second hand games. In fact I would be willing to bet that MS would even go as far as promoting the exchange and re-sell of games to places like EB and GameStop, right next to the spot in the market place where they sell you the 800MSP unlock code to re-play that second hand game ;)
Posted Image
VG30 short block
Nismo heads
3582R
Haltech tuned
Custom upper/lower I-Mani
Custom equal length E-mani with 2 1/4 crossover
Ecutouts

Eats Children

Randomz Mod Box:

Zousug

Zousug
  • Premium
  • 56 posts
hahaha yeah that would be right.. they sell you a second code to play a second hand game just to make more money... cause you know... they have no money what so ever haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users