Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Skyrim Editer

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
no mater what i do the game freezes when i try loading the modded save

and this kinda ticks me off because skyrim is the sole reason i payed for this...

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
What were you trying to change? It's usually best to start small and work your way up.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
how small are we talking?
at first i did a ton of shizz and it just froze the game. then i treyed just my level and still no luck

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Ok, lets work with the level. Try to change the level (it basically just increases XP), save it, close the editor, then attempt to reload. Does it error trying to reopen or does it reopen fine? Are you rehashing or anything afterwards? You shouldn't need to do anything. Let me know how that goes.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
Ok so first off I'm going to tell you that I'm doing all of this level stuff without going on my Xbox. So I took a PreCC save and attempted to take it from level "0" to level "81" and I saved and then tried to reopen it and got and error. So I then tried to take it from level "0" to level "1" and saved and reopened it and it saved just fine. So I then went to try to take it from level "1" to level "2" and saved and reopened it and nothing changed. So I tried it a few more times and still no luck but I still have t tried any of this testing on my Xbox.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
But I did notice that while the level didn't change the xp did
This could be because SAIO is displaying my current level and not my desired level because I haven't "used"the xp in game

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
I tried to take it to level 81 again and it kep the xp so I'm going to take it on my Xbox to see if it works.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
So you're injecting PC saves into a Xbox container so you can open them and see things, and then taking it out and trying to load it on the PC? I did the majority of the work on PC saves. The Pre-CC saves can be troublesome. If you reopen the save in SAIO the level won't actually have increased, just the XP will. Basically the 'level' up function just increases your XP by the amount required to reach the next level displayed, based upon the level it sees when the save is loaded.

You shouldn't have issues after the character creation. Let me know how it goes. You can reach me on AIM (SonikRaT) if you need more help.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
So it froze again. But my issue can be because it's a PreCC save. So I'm going to run throu the beginning reall quick and report back my results

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Are you using a pre-modded PreCC save?

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
nope i just made a new game and saved before CC

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Got it. Let me know how it goes.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
so i got to the part where your arms get cut free and tried modding it and it still froze so i then tried it on a level 19 or so save and it still froze.

i give up for now i will further my testing later and let you know what happens

Edited by Springer, 16 June 2012 - 08:13 PM.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Upload the save to media fire

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
http://www.mediafire...vzotuk8u8ldpdec

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Have you modded this save at all or is it the backup?

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
it is not my preCC save it is an old save that is like level 19 or so

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Ok, I'll look into it.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
thanks bro.
so im curious to the extent off testing you guys went to before adding this tool

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Somewhere in the neighborhood of about 200 different saves to attempt to map out the vast majority of the as yet undiscovered variables. The majority of the trouble arrises when the editor runs into field types that I've never yet seen, though that's been quite rare as of late and the editor usually pops up a message saying such. I think the issue with yours stems for a title update that I've not seen any saves from. I'll keep digging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users