Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

issue with saio opening another file

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

KMFDM

KMFDM
  • Premium
  • 22 posts
i'm trying to edit my brother in law's gamesave for skyrim. i transferred ownership of the file to myself, i can play his file on my system, but when i extract the save i made off it on my system and try to open it to mod in saio, i get an error. i can still open my own character's files just fine. i don't understand what the issue could possibly be here. any ideas?

i notice that it still retains the console ID from his xbox, but why would that make any difference? how or why would saio care? i don't recall tying it to just my system.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
What's the error it says? Not much can be said without knowing what error it is.

KMFDM

KMFDM
  • Premium
  • 22 posts
it just says "error loading file"

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Does it say that when you click mod? Have those saves ever worked?

KMFDM

KMFDM
  • Premium
  • 22 posts
yeah it happens when i click on "mod" this was the first time i tried using any files for him. all of mine work fine and continue to do so.

Aurasghost

Aurasghost

Project Ghost/X

• Premium
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSpace
could be the game save is on a different title or DLC update that is either older or new to the program. with this error i believe that it may be older an that the program may not have the data for that particular area.

If it is not due to this another issue that I can find is that the save was modded using another tool not of this programs origin an has conflict cause for error between codes. or the save is glitched.

I suggest you making another save with you friends account an get to where your out of prison an try again possibly with it online to get any updates that it may not have. If the problem persists, I will need a copy of the save both the one you want to mod an the new one after prison.

KMFDM

KMFDM
  • Premium
  • 22 posts
As far as I'm aware, he has the same updates i do, other than dawnguard itself (which we uninstalled so he could buy the alchemy upgrade for the whiterun house) so i can all him to reinstall that and we'll try again.

I'll get back to you guys.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Upload a copy of the save somewhere so I can take a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users