Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Skyrim - multiple issues.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kalzin

Kalzin
  • Premium
  • 11 posts
starting small.. want to change my carry capacity to 900 (from 300).

causes an error (unable to save game)

now when i even try to mod it... (click mod button) SAIO : error opening file.
then crashes...

has there been an update at all?

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 205 posts
I've never had an issue with just modifying one of the attributes like that before. Obviously, if it fails to save, the file isn't going to be usable any more. Try a backup again and try something like modifying XP (probably the safest thing that can be done) and see if it still has issues saving.

Kalzin

Kalzin
  • Premium
  • 11 posts
i always keep the back-up :) been re-using it and checking it to make sure back-up is healthy. then reopening... i cannot directly effect the XP number, however i can use the + and - to change the level. this results in the same error.

Also, when it was working without errors (pre-patch) I noticed that hte item ID's are that of the computer ID... i take it SAIO converts these automatically? or should i be modifying it on my own?

IE:
PC ItemID: 0010905A
XB ItemID: 0050905A

these are the same item except one is for PC other is for xbox, when i saved it worked fine, however loading the game the items were not there... even changed quantities of held items did not change...

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 205 posts
I've never come across an item ID that wasn't the same between PC -> Xbox, the only thing that changes is the plugin offset. I'm wondering if there isn't an issue with the Forms array that causes the problems during saving. I'd need the save to figure out where the problem is at after modding.

Kalzin

Kalzin
  • Premium
  • 11 posts
been away from computer for a bit... heres he file

Attached Files

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 205 posts
Can you upload the original as well? This is one of the broken ones.

Kalzin

Kalzin
  • Premium
  • 11 posts
uploading...

Attached Files

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 205 posts
I'm able to open, mod that, reopen, mod it some more, etc as much as I want. However, that file looks like it's an autosave, it looks like it's only partially there, at the end of the file it makes reference to 'Save 8 - Lorek CInderfall, Whiterun' which could explain why the form ID's are being entirely screwed up along with everything else.

Try using a normal full save and see what happens.

Kalzin

Kalzin
  • Premium
  • 11 posts
sad thing is that is a full save.. otherwise it woutd be named Auto001 Auto002 etc...

Interesting thing is, i took the same load file, installed skyrim on PC, extracted the .dat file, converted it to .ess and was able to use the console to edit just about anything I wanted... replace the .ess with .dat reinject, rehash,resign, save and play...

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 205 posts
Was it modified on a PC to begin with? I was able to open it and do pretty much whatever to it with SAIO, but the forms table is completely wrong because the end of the file is incorrect, the form count is wrong and then it has references to Save 8 in the end of the file, which is extremely weird. Normally all saves end with the form array followed by an empty array of 8 bytes.

Kalzin

Kalzin
  • Premium
  • 11 posts
no, i only used the PC to mod after the fact (save 12)... It is howewver odd that this file shows up as save 8 when it is actually save 9...

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 205 posts
That information is found at the end of the file, stuck into the form ID array which is really strange. Although, it does load and edit for me just fine in SAIO. Have you tried to uninstall/completely reinstall SAIO?

Atomicgunz

Atomicgunz
  • Members
  • 5 posts
this is something I noticed too, I try to use reg. saves as I also feel that the autosave like sonic said, is just a reference file only linking stats and positioning data where the game fills in the gaps to min-space, whereas the original save file would contain all relevant material as to do save transfers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users