Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Modding car performance and stats in Forza 4

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

prototipe

prototipe

Beatdown City!

• Members
  • 11 posts
So I'm in the process of exploring my save data and I stumble across my SSC Ultimate Aero. I know it's not the fastest car in the world, but I decided to see if I couldn't make it faster. I modded it's peak power to almost 20000, roughly 2400 horsepower if I remember correctly. I also modded the rest of the SimPeak values, basically just adding a 1 in front of all of the values (10 becomes 110). After doing this, I loaded up the save and looked at the car's stats. It has over 2400 horsepower, 115 lbs. boost, and 2900 ft/lbs. torque. On paper, this car is insanely fast. But here's the dilema.

The gears act like they have 2400 horsepower to contain. I'm struggling to keep it straight and I even have to let off the throttle quite a bit even maxing out in 6th gear. That's fine and dandy; I expected as much. I didn't expect my top speed to be 242 mph though. That's with a really good tune too. So my question is this:

How do I get my car to go REALLY fast? :P

On a side note, I was able to get to 242 half way through 1st gear when it stopped accelerating.

Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Errr... What?....

• Administrators
  • 40 posts
its odd that you manged to do this and it did not corrupt your save as it should not work since car performance is saved to the disk unlike forza 3 thus the save is only used to store the variables and isnt the actual variables

J4nu5

J4nu5
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Also, most cars in the game top out around 272 - 276 due to physics restraints.

prototipe

prototipe

Beatdown City!

• Members
  • 11 posts
I haven't had any corruption problems as of yet. It looks like the values are only for the garage stats. The stats don't change on the track. In the garage, my SSC has 16,039 hp and 82,173 torques, but it's not actually changing on the track.

KyleAustin

KyleAustin

Webdesigner/Modder

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada
when i tryed it my gamesave got corrupt

Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Errr... What?....

• Administrators
  • 40 posts

View PostkyleGas2012, on 28 April 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

when i tryed it my gamesave got corrupt
It would depend which database he is editing but i agree normally this would corrupt your database

Tandeming

Tandeming

PC Gamer for dayz

• Members
  • 14 posts
Meh if only it it worked on the track.
Posted Image

prototipe

prototipe

Beatdown City!

• Members
  • 11 posts
Yeah, no kidding :P Looks like you need a jtag to do it though.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts
or iso :P

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
This type of modding is only possible with JTAG modding, or Hot-Swapping on a flashed DVD retail box.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts

View PostSonicRaT, on 08 May 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

This type of modding is only possible with JTAG modding, or Hot-Swapping on a flashed DVD retail box.

I feel like you tried really hard on this answer but if your xbox is flashed you dont need to hot swap but if it is retail you hot swap :)

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
You would be incorrect. You must flash the DVD as I stated, otherwise it will not read the DVD-R.

Springer

Springer

Skyrim Junky

• Members
  • 24 posts

View PostSonicRaT, on 10 May 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

You would be incorrect. You must flash the DVD as I stated, otherwise it will not read the DVD-R.
it is to my knowledge that "Flashing" your dvd drive bypasses the security check so you can play back up games and modded iso's
and hot swapping a disc is tricking your xbox to install a modded game by quickly "Swapping" the retail disk with the modded one. thus hot swapping on a retail box :)

Lowda

Lowda
  • Members
  • 1 posts
sorry if i am posting off topic but i have been serching for a few hours now on what program i need to modd forza 4 via j-tag i dont wanna do anything wild i would just like to learn how to do the wheel modds and such.

sorry for being a noob.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
For those kinds of things you just need a patched default.xex that removes the CRC check from the game database (gamedb.slt). Then you can modify anything you want inside the gamedb.slt (using SQLite) to do whatever mod you want.

ashbashfezwez

ashbashfezwez
  • Members
  • 2 posts
how do i go about getting the mods i am new to this so many thanks to people that answers thanks

ashbashfezwez

ashbashfezwez
  • Members
  • 2 posts
how do you make your hp sturidly high and other stuff like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users