Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Next-Gen Box to have 8 core CPU?!?!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RandomEvilDoer

RandomEvilDoer

Resident Z31 enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 64 posts

It is rumored that an ex-Ubisoft employee known as 'BD' claims to know all information about the upcoming Next-Generation console from Microsoft, including the RAM, and much more.

According to him, the Next-Gen Xbox will have an eight-core CPU, and an 8800 series GPU. Whilst rumors are still going around about the new console running on a AMD HD 8000M graphics card.
It is also rumored that Microsoft will be using Windows 8 kernel for the system, which is to be expected, as they have been pushing it out a lot. He said that it will have 8 GB memory and a 640 GB hard drive.
Sources also say that Microsoft has refined DirectX 11 for a "fixed hardware gaming platform."
Please treat this like any other rumor, as nothing is confirmed yet. However, these are times when insiders can leak out information for a variety of reasons. E3 2013 will be held on June 13, so not long to go before Microsoft finally unveils the system to the world.

What are your thoughts on this?

Source:TTG
Posted Image
VG30 short block
Nismo heads
3582R
Haltech tuned
Custom upper/lower I-Mani
Custom equal length E-mani with 2 1/4 crossover
Ecutouts

Eats Children

Randomz Mod Box:

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
I don't find myself impressed.

RandomEvilDoer

RandomEvilDoer

Resident Z31 enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 64 posts
Wish it was more powerful Sonic?
Posted Image
VG30 short block
Nismo heads
3582R
Haltech tuned
Custom upper/lower I-Mani
Custom equal length E-mani with 2 1/4 crossover
Ecutouts

Eats Children

Randomz Mod Box:

Magik Ninja

Magik Ninja

Professional Guinea pig

• Moderators
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLong Island New York
im impressed im hoping the windows kernel means easier modding ect :)

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
It just seems that technology has hit a wall, so the solution is to just divide. Though, most things completely fail at multiprocessing, so things don't seem to be getting much faster anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users