Welcome to Left 4 Modz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

720 UI Rumored to Resemble Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

RandomEvilDoer

RandomEvilDoer

Resident Z31 enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted Image

According to sources, it is likely that Microsoft is going to follow the template they laid down with Windows 8 when begin to design the Xbox 720’s user interface.

This is all according to former VP of Windows Sales Joachim Kempin, who told sources "I think the other thing they will try, there’s no doubt about it, is it’s going to be more Windows 8-like; maybe it even gets a touchscreen, who knows?

"Most of what’s in there today really is Windows, right? I wouldn’t be surprised if the next round of interface comes even closer to Windows 8 than it is today; maybe it even gets a touchscreen, who knows?"

He also addressed claims that Microsoft’s games division is loss making. Apparently that is not quite true, he said, though he does acknowledge that Xbox has proved a damaging distraction for Microsoft.

"On the Xbox hardware itself there is no profit," he said. "So the profit comes from all the other sources; royalties from game developers, maybe the next Halo version, maybe a new Kinect system and what have you.

"It is such a small portion for their company. It would really be better if they would just spin that whole thing out and let other people run it on their own and not get distracted by it. For me that whole environment is a distraction for the company.”

source:ttg
Posted Image
VG30 short block
Nismo heads
3582R
Haltech tuned
Custom upper/lower I-Mani
Custom equal length E-mani with 2 1/4 crossover
Ecutouts

Eats Children

Randomz Mod Box:

ModioHomeBasic

ModioHomeBasic
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
That was the whole idea of Windows 8 to make a multi use OS which can be run on anything from a Mobile to a Desktop PC so it's no surprise really.

SonicRaT

SonicRaT

King of Bacon

• Administrators
  • 207 posts
Yes, ugly, horrible UI everywhere!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users